Join us for Houston’s best marketing Meetup for early bird networking, beverages and nuggets of info to fill your brain and take notes.
During this presentation John Peterson of Develare will share the following actions that you can take to speed up your website without a developer:
- Optimize images: We’ll discuss multiple options for reducing image sizes by 50% or more.
- Cache away: Why make your web server do the same thing over and over? With caching, you can massively speed up your site by letting the server “remember” how to do something.
- Stash copies in the cloud: Stash copies of your images and scripts in a Content Delivery Network or a CDN. That way pieces of your website can be loaded up quickly anywhere in the world. We’ll discuss how to identify an SEO friendly CDN.
- Compress those bulky pages: Drastically reduce page size before sending them down the wire. Your visitors will thank you!
- Identify problem plugins: A few problem plugins can drag your whole website down. Identify which plugins are the worst offenders, and take action.
- Scaling Images: Stop wasting bytes by cramming a big image into a small space.
- Combining Images: Use sprites to load those icons, logos and simple graphics in one fell swoop.
- Why HTTP/2 is so important for PageSpeed.
John will cover several options for each action above.